Bathrooms are wet and steamy! Damp air from hot baths and showers collects on the walls and water splashes directly from the shower, bath and sink onto them too! This moisture can penetrate the paint layer and contact the drywall or plaster beneath leading to peeling paint and mould growth. How do you avoid this difficulty? Use bathroom paint.
Bathroom paint is formulated using high-quality resins that coalesce into a tight barrier preventing them from absorbing moisture from the air. They usually contain high levels of mildewcide to slow the growth of mildew. Good bathroom paint is slightly tougher and more resilient than other interior paints and can handle a bit of scrubbing. One unique feature of bathroom paint is that it gives the option of many paint sheens. When using standard interior paint in moist areas, you must choose from satin, semi-gloss or high gloss. Bathroom paints allow you to also choose matte or flat versions. Specialty bathroom paints cost a bit more than regular interior paint but the expense is made up for in the lasting abilities of the coating.
If you’re painting a bathroom, you can’t go wrong with Benjamin Moore’s Aura Bath & Spa. This specialty bathroom paint has a luxurious matte finish and extraordinary performance properties. Aura Bath and Spa is:
- Designed for bathrooms and spas
- Is formulated to prevent water staining and lock out moisture
- Has extreme hide and coverage for fewer coats
- Is mildew resistant for a fresh look that lasts
- Has proprietary Colour Lock™ technology for richer colours that stay true over time
- Comes in 240 colours to match any décor
- Stands up to repeated washing with no colour rub-off
- Contains paint and primer together
- Boasts Zero VOC and low odour, great for enclosed small spaces
- Is easy to touch-up
- Has ease of application
- Boasts easy cleanup
- Hides surface imperfections.
- Sheen (or Gloss): Matte
- Cleanup: Soap and Water
- Resin Type: Proprietary 100% Acrylic
- Recommended Use: Interior
If you’re painting a bathroom, consider Benjamin Moore’s Aura Bath & Spa. Its durability, ease of cleaning, mildew resistance and vibrant colours will not let you down. Use it on new or previously painted wallboard, plaster, masonry and primed or previously painted metal and wood.
Painting a bathroom? Looking for Benjamin Moore’s Aura Bath & Spa paint? Call Calgary’s independent paint and blinds store West Hillhurst Paint + Design at (403) 270-9696 or email us at [email protected]. Our knowledgeable professional design associates provide high-quality paint and stain, a wide selection of blinds, advice for home projects and excellent service. We carry Benjamin Moore products. Call for a consultation today!